I was okay with the storyboard ideas that I came up with before, but I knew that I could come up with a better idea, so I came up with another storyboard idea for The Raven and I'm doing that one now. Here's my storyboards for it. This will have a narrator reading this stanza from the poem:
Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately raven of the saintly days of yore.
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door -
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door -
Perched, and sat, and nothing more.
Notice the camera arrows that I have below some of the frames. They are 3d to indicate that they are moving into or out of the frame. The last arrow, frame 6, is just panning left, so it's not 3D. For the first two drawings and for the next two drawings I wouldn't redraw everything, just the things that need it, like the two drawings of the bird for frames 3 and 4. Notice how I have multiple birds in frame 5, I will do two or so drawings for the bird with wings out and wings down and fade between them to show the bird flying (multiple birds in frame 6 as well). I wrote notes under the frames just to make sure whoever looks at the storyboard knows what is going on, to clarify the still fairly rough drawings, like in the last frame, those aren't stink lines, that's dark smoke, of course, since this is a metaphysical bird.
Once again, these are not graded for quality, but I should be able to understand all the motion in your piece just by looking at the storyboards. I'm really excited to see what you guys make, I liked your thumbnails. Good luck.

No comments:
Post a Comment